COPPER MOUNTAIN, Colo. — June 5, 2019 —Give the family room to roam this summer with an adventure-filled visit to Copper Mountain featuring Buy One, Get One Free Summer Activity Passes, free live music, weekly dining specials, and more. Take in the fresh mountain air and enjoy an abundance of Colorado high country outdoor pursuits as the resort gears up for a season of family-friendly events and activities kicking off June 14.
A Colorado summer wouldn’t be complete without outdoor fun for the whole family and Copper has it all with Buy One, Get One Free Summer Activity Passes – a $79 value, walk-up only. A Copper Summer Activity Day Pass is the ultimate way to experience the newly enhanced Woodward WreckTangle ninja obstacle challenge, with two new obstacles – the Licorice Bridge and Climbing Wall. The pass also includes access to the Rocky Mountain Coaster, West Lake activities, scenic chairlift rides on Union Creek Quad, climbing wall, go karting, and bungee jump – all nestled in Copper’s pedestrian villages.
In addition to the Summer Activity Day Pass deal, Copper Live is a newly curated series of musical performances with ten concerts to choose from; all shows are free to attend and guaranteed to be a good time. From bluegrass to rock to indie and everything in between, revel in the live music under the iconic Colorado backdrop of the Ten Mile Range. Scheduled performances include Rayland Baxter on July 7, Mat Kearney on July 13, The Mowgli’s on Aug. 17 and Anders Osborne on Aug. 24. Additional artists will be announced at CopperColorado.com.
Throughout the summer, Copper offers weekly programming, al fresco dining, and elevated events that represent the best of summer in the high country.
New Weekly Dining Specials
- Storm King Lounge offers free edamame with the purchase of entrée or sushi roll every night of the week.
- C.B. Grille’s Surf & Turf Tuesdays welcome guests and locals to enjoy house cut beef tender and lobster tail with baked potato or seasonal vegetables for $19.95.
- On Wednesday evenings, JJ’s Rocky Mountain Tavern in Copper’s East Village will slow roast a whole hog over an outdoor pit and provide all the fixings for $17.95.
- Bring Fido to Copper on Thursdays and enjoy a Bird Dog Bourbon Manhattan, a foot long Copper hot dog, and a bone for the pup for $9.95.
- Enjoy a bucket of 10 Barrel Brewing Co. beer battered fish in addition to hush puppies, fries, and remoulade for $12.95 every Friday.
- Cap off the weekend with a complimentary mimosa or Bellini with the purchase of a brunch entrée at Toast & Co. every Sunday.
For a full list of summer dining specials, visit CopperColorado.com.
- New this summer, Copper Kids Day Camp combines integrative programming and enrichment for a full day of fun and inspiration in a relaxed mountain setting. Whether visiting Copper for the week or exploring childcare options in the local community, Copper Kids Day Camp is offered throughout the summer for $200 per week or $225 for a 5-pack of drop-in dates.
- In its tenth anniversary year, Woodward Copper remains the only summer camp that offers skiing and snowboarding on real Colorado snow through August. In addition to weeklong, overnight snowboard and freeski camps, Woodward Copper invites kids ages 7-17 who want to learn, progress, and have fun in action sports such as skateboarding, BMX, scooter, and cheer. New this year, Woodward Copper invites kids to try it all with a multi-sport camp.
- Kids Night Out returns on Friday and Saturday evenings, offering parents three free hours of childcare with a $30 purchase at Copper. Advanced reservations are highly recommended.
- Brews and Tunes brings locals and guests together to enjoy local beers and live music in the village every Friday night.
- The whole family is encouraged to gather round the fire at the weekly Copper Campfire on Saturday nights while roasting s’mores and taking in the sights and sounds of summer in the Rocky Mountains.
- Reset and recharge on Sundays with outdoor Mountain Pose Yoga sessions every week, weather-permitting.
- With lodging rates starting at $120 nightly, Copper Mountain invites guests to enjoy a laid-back summer vacation filled with accessible and authentic Colorado adventure. To learn more about Copper Mountain as a summer destination, visit CopperColorado.com.
# # #
About Copper Mountain:
Located just 75 miles west of Denver, Colo. in the heart of the Rocky Mountains, Copper Mountain Resort is an ideal vacation destination with a laid-back and inclusive vibe that represents the best of Colorado. Three pedestrian-friendly village areas provide a vibrant atmosphere with lodging, retail outlets, restaurants, bars and family activities. During the winter months, Copper’s naturally-divided terrain offers world-class skiing and riding for all ages and abilities. Each summer, the mountain transforms into an unspoiled playground for hikers, mountain bikers and those seeking a genuine Colorado experience. Copper Mountain Resort boasts curated events year-round and is home to Woodward Copper – a lifestyle and action sports progression center. Copper Mountain is part of the POWDR Adventure Lifestyle Co. portfolio, a family-owned company that believes there is nothing better for your soul than to spend time with the people you love, doing the things you love.